Sunday, November 8, 2015

Week 13 in Review

Periodic Updates
Week 13 In Review

Important Dates & Assignments:
  • Photography:
    • Students are gave presentations on different types of photography as part of this study. The rubric for this presentation can be found by clicking here.
    • We will also be developing a photograph in class on Tuesday! Please help your student pick a good idea for this activity.
  • Chemical Bonding:
    • Students are working on understanding chemical bonding.
    • Students gave presentations about different types of bonding with some great skits to help us remember.
  • Chemistry Assessment:
    • There will be an assessment over material covered since fall break on Monday November 16th.


What happened last week?
  • Students gave their presentations on photography and chemical bonding.
  • Silver Halide Lab:
    • We reviewed the information they should have gained from this lab.
  • Chemical Bonding:
    • We continued to work on this concept.
  • Standards:


From the desk of Mr. Terry:

I am so excited to see what pictures our students develop in the photography lab on Tuesday. This is an experimental lab for both the students and teachers. To be honest, that means neither I nor Kendal McCarter have ever done this lab. The concepts we are discussing in class support this activity and we think the students will have a really great learning experience seeing exactly how this is done. I cannot say with certainty that any picture will be developed well. I guess that is science sometimes! We are learning the value of experimentation. We are teaching students that in the real world you don't always know what the outcome will be. We know the chemistry should work. This type of learning really excites me! It is great seeing students learn when the project could go in various directions. I love not always knowing whether or not an activity is going to be successful because it brings out a real-world adventure in the class. This also supports the idea that sometimes in life we fail. This gives us a chance to learn from our mistakes and make it better next time. I can't wait this week to celebrate with the students on their successes and troubleshoot their failures. Have a great week!

I am available to help any morning between 7:45-8:15 and during Flex on the "A" day schedule 4th block. Students can make arrangements to miss their 4th block class to meet with me.



terryk@claytonbradleyacademy.org


No comments:

Post a Comment