Periodic Updates
Week 15 In Review
Important Dates & Assignments:
- Lab Write-Ups:
- Every lab that we do in chemistry has a lab notebook component.
- I have been giving students time to get all the questions and summaries finished.
- I will be reviewing them over Thanksgiving break.
- Chemical Naming and Balancing Equations:
- We have started our last unit before Winter Break.
- Part of this will involve practice to get the process down.
- Please help remind students to do their practice problems.
- Midterm Exam:
- We will be having a midterm exam at the end of this quarter.
- This exam will cover anything and everything from the beginning of the school year.
- Please encourage your student to come to tutoring for help and review.
What happened last week?
- Celebration of Learning:
- The students did an excellent job with the celebration of learning.
- It was great listening to them explain the chemical processes and see them interacting with the lower school volunteers.
- Make sure you let them know how great they did with this presentation.
- Assessment:
- All assessments have been scored.
- We will have some time on Tuesday to discuss the assessment.
- There is always the ability to go back and learn more about a standard. If your student would like to put the time in reviewing and practicing, I would love to see them show mastery in the standards.
- The scores should be reflected on the progress report card.
- Standards:
- This is all part of our study of the Next Generation Science Standards PS1-3, 1-4, and 1-7.
From the desk of Mr. Terry:
This week brought a lot of excitement as students were able to showcase their learning Wednesday morning. See the students talk about chemical equations, photography, and the vertebrate survey was very exciting for me as their teacher. The students have been working so hard this year, and I believe they deserved the chance to show others what they have accomplished. With excitement, came some anxiety over the assessment. I know many students were very nervous about how they think they did on the assessment. Overall, I think the assessment helped students realize what they have learned and what they need to spend more time trying to understand. In reality, Chemistry is not getting easier. The content will continue to increase in challenge as we build on the learning that has taken place. If your student didn't do so well on the assessment, please encourage them to come to tutoring or flex during 4th block of "A" days so we can get back on pace. Have a great week!
I am available to help any morning between 7:45-8:15 and during Flex on the "A" day schedule 4th block. Students can make arrangements to miss their 4th block class to meet with me.
I am available to help any morning between 7:45-8:15 and during Flex on the "A" day schedule 4th block. Students can make arrangements to miss their 4th block class to meet with me.


No comments:
Post a Comment